Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age Of Mythology > Remove overall ratings (AoM and AoT)

Remove overall ratings (AoM and AoT)

Poll: Remove overall ratings?
Yes
No
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted15 October 2013 - 10:47 pm
As the thread title suggests, removal of overall ratings is currently something many players mention and want.

The problem with the overall ratings are that you can get 1700 in two game types, making you 1800+ overall rate. Being 1700 in multiple game types doesn`t make you better than 1700... this is a broken system.

Another problem is that this is the default rating in the lobbies. While it can be turned off, having it around is very confusing to new players.

Please vote and voice your opinions - the above would be mine.

If the removal happens, 1v1 supremacy would be the default displayed rating.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 LNC_GoldenAxe

Posted15 October 2013 - 10:55 pm
I voted yes, I also think that 1v1 and TG rating should be combined just like we had it on ESO.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [PK]Eretria

Posted15 October 2013 - 10:56 pm
This doesn't seem like an issue to me.
Supremacy isn't the only rating, so why make it the primary one?
I'd say at least half the players on voobly scarcely play 1 v 1 rated supremacy.
Other games have the same rating system (AOE2 etc).

Just my opinion
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [MD__]DaDrunkInside

Posted15 October 2013 - 10:59 pm
I wish. Its the cause of a vast number of problems with the voobly rating system.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 LNC_MostFeared

Posted15 October 2013 - 11:26 pm
I also think TG Sup should be the new default rating because more people play TG then 1v1 Sup, am I right?
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [LaV]Ghostlake

編集済み15 October 2013 - 11:30 pm by [LaV]Ghostlake
1v1 dm or 1v1 sup should be default and not combined with tg :-/
and yes ! remove overall rating
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 ['RB']Ryan

Posted16 October 2013 - 12:10 am
Yes should be removed.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Power_and_Glory

編集済み16 October 2013 - 12:48 am by Power_and_Glory
No, it should NOT be reomoved, if you dont like it, dont watch it, there are some good ideas here about removing the TG supremacy, only the 1v1 is what matters, since there are many losers with 1750++ TG rate, but they play like 1640--
Seems i predicted very well what was going to happen here, people using multiple accounts to vote yes, like LNC_MostFeared = LNC_GoldenAxe
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [PK]Chicks

Posted16 October 2013 - 1:18 am
I would suggest to remove overall and combined the 1v1-TG ratings.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 LNC_GoldenAxe

Posted16 October 2013 - 2:26 am
This is a dumb poll, logically we don't need a ladder for overall but if the noobs like Power&Glory are going to cry about it, let them keep it.

What we need to do is combine 1v1 and TG like it was on ESO.

First, we can only select one default rating, I have TG selected as my default rating basically I rarely see peoples 1v1 rating. Also now TG players could also have a chance to appear on RTS Sanc home page.

リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [LaV]Ghostlake

編集済み16 October 2013 - 7:18 am by [LaV]Ghostlake
and thats exactly what should NOT happen Goldenaxe. i also had fun 2v2 and 3v3 rated games in eso - but still that system got abused by guys like j4jc3, pointsitting on a top 10 rating (skillwise not even top 100) and thats exactly what would happen.
teamgames are way too match up dependent and even more imbalanced in general than 1v1 is. so why should this be combined? just that two lnc members get 2k by going double oranos by owning other "tg-only people" and then pointsit on a rating next to themista ?
just because 1v1 and tg are supremacy? thats totally different gameplay! so why should it be the same ladder? ( please dont take this personal goldenaxe)
but i do understand that tg players want to get more attention on rts, so maybe you could ask rts sanctuary staff if they could implement the tg ladder on the mainpage next to the 1v1 ladder? and besides you could ask for a tg expert tag ( you actually dont have to make a tg expert tag, feel free to use the normal aot expert tag).

the only reason i vote yes here btw is not that im against an overall rating in general - its because of the fact that overall rating is the default rating in voobly. i actually like the fact that there is a rewarding for people playing many different gameing mods. i just dont like the fact that it is irritating for new players in voobly, seeing 2k+ people who got that rating by playing zelda scenario only :-/ most players dont even know that they can switch the shown rating to the rating of their choice!

リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

編集済み16 October 2013 - 9:09 am by [DoD]_Nakamura
No, it should NOT be reomoved, if you dont like it, dont watch it, there are some good ideas here about removing the TG supremacy, only the 1v1 is what matters, since there are many losers with 1750++ TG rate, but they play like 1640--
Seems i predicted very well what was going to happen here, people using multiple accounts to vote yes, like LNC_MostFeared = LNC_GoldenAxe

I can see why you would be annoyed if your fake 2k was gone
http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123723132/Ratings
Explains your erratic behavior yesterday really well.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [PureDM]IamRich

Posted16 October 2013 - 2:46 pm
Reasons to remove.. noobs play even bigger noobs in every game time to get unrealistic ratings just so their 'overall' is high.

Get rid of it imo and since when do scenarios represent true skill.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Power_and_Glory

Posted16 October 2013 - 6:40 pm
I can see why you would be annoyed if your fake 2k was gone
http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123723132/Ratings
Explains your erratic behavior yesterday really well.
LOL, wtf are you talking about son?
Since when i lost a 2k rating? i still see it 2k, and no my noob friend, this account was made for losing pts, playing for fun etc. so, points are worthless to mention ;)
Maybe your behaviour yesterday made you feel offended by my comments about the stupid Fanpatch 2.0
But forget about the FP for now, if noobs like you (and the rest of ppl who voted yes) are too lazy to look up at players ratings for an specific game mode, that is your problem, you focused this complaint in the wrong side, for example:
There are a lot of noob players with fake rates at 1v1 Supremacy/ TG supremacy and they reach the 2k overall rate so easy, but they will still have a fake rate, removing the overall rating will not change they are noobs.
Let me remind YOU ALL how ESO was working perfect,
1v1 rating = TG rating doesnt say how good a player is, since members of clans plays ALWAYS together to increase TG rate and get easy/fast points
Conquest. 1v1/tg combined
Lightning. 1v1/tg combined
Deathmatch 1v1/tg combined
Unrated
Total wins and loses
So, after all, ESO had overall victories, so, basically, voobly saves you time of mental addition and substraction.
If people dont like to see the overall rating, lets just use voobly option of hiding specific rating.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Power_and_Glory

Posted16 October 2013 - 6:48 pm
Reasons to remove.. noobs play even bigger noobs in every game time to get unrealistic ratings just so their 'overall' is high.

Get rid of it imo and since when do scenarios represent true skill.

Seems people like you dont understand this situation, "noobs play in every game" of course... that is not a problem, the problem comes when host let them play, that is why voobly provides us all with a quick view ratings at putting cursor in players name.
"to get unrealistic ratings just so their 'overall' is high." of course is going to be high, is just an addition that anybody can do mentally, but voobly just gives a "all in one" quick view, instead of have to go into players profile in voobly website.

リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 20 個のレス
カテゴリを移動:
2 User(s) are このトピックを読んでいる人 (過去30分以内)
0 members, 2 guests

What's popular right now: