Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Random Map > Best Age of Empires RM Players of All Time

Best Age of Empires RM Players of All Time

Poll: Who is the best RM player of all time (AOC)
DauT
Tim
TheViper
Chris
RiuT
Jordan
Koven
 assaltoob

Posted23 May 2014 - 1:54 am
viper winning ;good
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [DauT]NoobDauT

Posted13 September 2014 - 8:31 am
GO DAUT
PHUCK YEAH
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Dreadfort

編集済み14 December 2014 - 7:13 am by Dreadfort
Zone : 1. DauT 2.Chris 3.(Halen, Grunt, Koven)

GamePark : 1.Chris 2. Alive 3. Ruso

IGZONES : 1.DauT 2.Chris 3.Jordan_23

Voobly : 1.TheViper 2.Jordan_23 3. RiuT
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted7 November 2014 - 10:16 am
No love for KKab.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Dreadfort

Posted10 November 2014 - 2:19 pm
No love for KKab.

kkab is not actually 1v1 player, he is only playing TyRanT TGs or tournament.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 DFA

Posted12 November 2014 - 10:13 pm
Where to go Koven, grunt, halen, TheViper, Chris, Daut ...? are playing other games?
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted25 June 2015 - 10:12 am
I have arguments on youtube with disgusting Koven fanboys. Their argument typically and solely consists of Bu.. Bu.. But K0ven is GOHD.
When I kindly explain that the 2001 game between Koven and Halen that they are watching is a messy piece of **** compared to modern games, it's like talking to a brick wall.
When I kindly explain that Koven just came back to voobly and got tore a new asshole by a 17+, they can't bring themselves to understand...
When I tell them that Viper and Jordan are light years ahead of anything Koven has ever achieved in an AoC game, well..

The hushed revered tones in 2000 of a mysterious player above all others. At the end of the day, players need someone to worship and Koven became that myth. The truth is that unfortunately he doesn't even belong on this list.

If anyone doubts this, they need to produce a record of Koven playing amazingly. If they fail to do this, they must stfu and realise they are nothing but nostalgic fanboys.

リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted25 June 2015 - 11:29 am
What you need to realize is, Koven played in a different era. The game was different then, and Koven was dominant. Skill was different then, the game wasn't as well refined, and the old greats possess different kinds of skills to the new greats. They were more creative and inventive with their strategies then, and yes, while Koven would get his ass handed to him now (i'm no koven fanboy at all), he deserves on a list like this for what he achieved in his era. He dominated his time till he lost interest, he won money, and he left his mark on this game, whether you like it or not.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 calexus5678

編集済み25 June 2015 - 1:33 pm by calexus5678
Yeah he belongs on the list maybe I went a bit overboard with that ;blush

Edit: But only for the reasons you stated
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Tiradentes_

Posted26 July 2015 - 8:37 pm
Gamepark !! 111
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [SURU]Locura_Tricolor

Posted10 August 2015 - 6:25 pm
Viper is the best rigth now... but... im a 29 year old dude that actually get to play in Zone and Koven was unstoppable! with Chris and Halen, but the best best was Koven, hes only problem was in live events, he get nervios and f**k up, but despite that, on a Overall player from all time, his the best, followed by Chris, Halen and Daut.

viper is new gen and probably if he kees his pace, will get there.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Paraiso

Posted10 August 2015 - 11:38 pm
I have arguments on youtube with disgusting Koven fanboys. Their argument typically and solely consists of Bu.. Bu.. But K0ven is GOHD.
When I kindly explain that the 2001 game between Koven and Halen that they are watching is a messy piece of **** compared to modern games, it's like talking to a brick wall.
When I kindly explain that Koven just came back to voobly and got tore a new asshole by a 17+, they can't bring themselves to understand...
When I tell them that Viper and Jordan are light years ahead of anything Koven has ever achieved in an AoC game, well..

The hushed revered tones in 2000 of a mysterious player above all others. At the end of the day, players need someone to worship and Koven became that myth. The truth is that unfortunately he doesn't even belong on this list.

If anyone doubts this, they need to produce a record of Koven playing amazingly. If they fail to do this, they must stfu and realise they are nothing but nostalgic fanboys.
You clearly haven't been playing this for long. Any player has to be judged within his era. Each generation of players benefits from the previous one. Happens in every sport, art, science.

Ask kkab, chris, Halen (to name 3 that actually played against him before he left the game) if koven deserves to be on this list.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Coriiander

編集済み2 September 2015 - 1:15 am by Coriiander
It's funny how this even was a poll. The best is to be determined by handsup matchup, not by opinion. Unless some arcane cosmological disturbances occurred, it speaks for itself that the best of a later generation is better than the best of a previous generation. 'Era's have nothing to do with this.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Wa6

Posted12 January 2016 - 9:59 am
Koven was the first known rank 1 player in the game.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 marksickau

Posted20 April 2016 - 10:18 pm
Coriiander wrote:
It's funny how this even was a poll. The best is to be determined by handsup matchup, not by opinion. Unless some arcane cosmological disturbances occurred, it speaks for itself that the best of a later generation is better than the best of a previous generation. 'Era's have nothing to do with this.

I agree the way to determine the current best is based on current matchups. However, I respectfully disagree that direct matches are the only way to determine the "best of all time" (which will never be answered conclusively). Specifically, people commenting that Koven doesn't hold a candle to the current generation. We know that doesn't work in the sports world, because people get old, but the same holds for the video game world. I think mental sharpness decreases even between ages of 20 and 30 and 30 to 40, etc.

As others have mentioned, optimal strategies are refined, and even if Koven came back and was as mentally sharp as ever, he could be at a point in his life where he can't devote time to practicing and perfecting his game. If one is a dominating force 1v1 for several years, even if they are no longer elite, they can be respected for the domination they once exhibited. But it sure is a fun debate. I have watched many of these games and am in awe of the skill and don't even feel qualified to directly vote. I only feel dominating your generation is a point of worthy consideration.

リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 40 個のレス
カテゴリを移動:
2 User(s) are このトピックを読んでいる人 (過去30分以内)
0 members, 2 guests