CBA Teams in the making

Traf9lga_laaw

Posted3 May 2016 - 7:58 pm
But I think I found a solution. It will be side vs side for sure if the difficulty is set to Very Hard. Everything else will be a random but fair spot setup. That should do the job I think.

Oh my goodness Malte you are really a genius really no compliment I swear I just saying what I think (wirklich wirklich geniale Lösung. Ich wünschte ich könnte auch das machen mit maps designen und so editieren XP)
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Traf9lga_laaw

Posted3 May 2016 - 8:05 pm
Sandwiches wrote:
Malte can't you just save the sides only version before you add the variations and make it '=V= CBA SvS v1' then add to it and have '=V= CBA RS v1´

Edit2~ There's likely to be a division anyway between regular CBA and this anyway so what the hell just go for it!

good solution also
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Traf9lga_laaw

Posted3 May 2016 - 10:16 pm
when its gonna be finished? I cant wait to play this map ;inlove
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted4 May 2016 - 12:39 am
Its gonna take a little while. The spot setup was the first thing Ive done. All the other triggers are still missing.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted4 May 2016 - 6:28 pm
Didn't have time to read the thread but I will say there are two things that are ruining CS:

The rise of CBA hero. I always thought it was a fun map but it's overtaking CBA is not a good thing and as someone else pointed out, it has become apparent, especially at higher levels of play, that it is a campy and thus quite boring map. Maybe I'm biased but I think CBA is far superior.

User patch ****ed so much up for CS but that's a different topic.

Will read thoroughly when I have time.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted4 May 2016 - 11:25 pm
I know this is slightly off topic but it does concern cba. I did bring it up before a number of years ago but i really like the idea of making a 1v1 version where its blue v green or else making a version with bases closer and directly facing each other. Not sure what others think of it but i think it would be a nice addition
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 Road_to_Heavens

Posted5 May 2016 - 8:55 am
For a matter of fact, this will be a very good improvement. But players should have luxury to play other maps too. As the culture of voobly suggests, rating systems of previous maps gets disabled after some matter of time. If you were to make this a CBA V-21, CBA V-20 should also exist simultaneously and its ladder's rating should not be disabled.

This idea will work for both type of players; those who prefer random spots and those who prefer spots together.

リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted5 May 2016 - 10:27 pm
Yea had a read sorry I don't like the idea, takes away the random factor and fun for me. Good for same civs though.

Not much can be done about the CBA hero problem. When the CBA players became much less active, I estimate around 2014, the newer players didn't have the platform to improve to the level of the older players, so they made hero their niche instead. Now we're stuck with it.

リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

編集済み20 May 2016 - 8:05 pm by [dv8]OrangWuTang
Hey! Its gotten pretty quiet in here and I get frequent questions on how far I am or if Im even still working on it. So here is a short summary (//edit: oh well 11) of what I got done so far and what is still missing. I worked on it alot the last 2-3 weeks and Im getting really close to completion now.

But I have encountered a problem and I cant decide which of the solutions is the best. All have some pros and some cons, thats why Im asking you which one you would prefer. Here is the situation:

Theres the King being the kill counter. Persians making monks for conversions to reach imperial age faster has been a common tactic and I wish to preserve this. At the same time I want the players to be able see how many kills and how many conversion they have in the achievements/matchlink.

In v19 conversions and kills are both combined until 1000 conversions, then they keep increasing individually. In v20 kills and conversions are counted indiviually from the beginning but the persian monk tactic is useless. In my current version I have the kills and conversions combined and after the player reached imp the combined conversions get split up again into kills and actual conversions. However that creates a little bug where the advances stats in the top left corner of the screen increase by the amount of kills I "tribute back". So lets say youre byz and youre at 599 kills then the advanced stats will show 599 kills like its supposed to. But at 600 kills it will show 1200 because I tribute the 600 kill-conversions back to the kill score (Hard to explain but I hope you will understand anyway) which also sucks.

a) Leave it like that and live with it. The King in the game as well as the advanced stats will count the kills accurately until imp and after that kills only matter for the 1000 kills mark to get the bonus resources anyway so its not really important anymore and you will see your accurate stats in the achievements/matchlink later.

b) Combine the kills and conversions in a different stat such as food collected and once the player reaches imp, only tribute the conversions back to the conversion-score. That way the advanced stat counter will remain accurate but in the match link your kills will be listed under Food Collected instead of Units Killed.

c) Other ideas?

The problem is basically that if I want an accurate kill counter (king) I need to tribute the kills away constantly.
If nothing further is done, then the units killed stat will not be listed under "Units Killed" but nowhere or under a different stat like Food Collected for example.
If I tribute the kills back upon reaching Imperial Age then the advanced stats counter gets ****ed up.

And as promised here is a list of my progress. Im not sure if the list is complete since there are a few features you might not think about at first, so please let me know if I forgot anything on my list.

Done:
  • Spot system
  • Starting chat messages
  • Kill counter
  • Razing counter
  • Age up triggers
  • Villagers reward
  • Castle explosion effect+haystacks
  • Paliside to Stone wall
  • Technologies researched
  • Unit spawning
  • Unit tasking
  • Unit tasking switch (the relic cart)
  • Resource rewards
  • The wall remove thing (when you delete the back gate)

To-do:
  • Anti delete system
  • Tower limit
  • Wall limit
  • Enemy wall removal in front of the gates
  • No barracks for goths in cage
  • Anti-camping
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted31 May 2016 - 11:22 am
Use the killed p1 killed p2 ect. Resources they will not affect the acheivements
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted1 June 2016 - 8:01 pm
Has to affect the achievements but not the Advanced Statistics.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted2 June 2016 - 2:32 am
Yeah its doesnt affect either

リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
123456[7]
Displaying 91 - 102 out of 102 個のレス
カテゴリを移動:
2 User(s) are このトピックを読んでいる人 (過去30分以内)
0 members, 2 guests