COLLINS DEFENSE TD

09collinsjc

編集済み18 December 2016 - 5:53 am by 09collinsjc
This is a team defense/ td map that im working on.
I like the idea of a scenario of defending your base while being swamed by enemies on all sides and this is what I based the scenario on. Computer p6 must be set to hardest for this map.

Defend your town to win.

Use your kings wisely to buy heros or unit and tower attack and hp powerups.
All heros on map gain a global power up per second. Units and towers can be upgraded at the king store.

1 free king per 1 minute
1 king per 100 kills
at 2k kills, you get 1 king per 1 minute
at 10 razing, you get 1 king per 2 minutes

collins defense td made by 09collinsjc

The computer must be set to hardest for this game to work.

neviski - 1 king
william wallace - 1 king
charlemange - 1 king
harald - 2 king
martel - 2 king
tamber - 2 king
sub - 2 king
robin - 2 king
khans - 4 kings

100 attack power up to all units and towres - 2 kings
1000 hp power up to all units and towers - 2 kings
2500 attack power up to all units and towres - 30 kings on small ice patch
5000 attack power up to all units and towres - 50 kings on large ice patch

10000 hp to HEROS 25k to GENGHIS KHAN - 2 KINGS

Attachments:
COLLINS DEFENSE TD 93.scx (file size: 55.99 KB)
COLLINS TEAM DEFENSE TD 2.scx (file size: 111.97 KB)
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted29 November 2016 - 7:27 pm
About Ai lag: set Ai to none in player settings or use custom Ai which not gives command, this could help.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 09collinsjc

Posted30 November 2016 - 6:41 am
so the computer wont attack anything then ?
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 09collinsjc

Posted30 November 2016 - 6:50 am
what do you think accounts for most of the lag on custom scenario maps ? global power ups, number of units spawns, number of untis on map, unit commands from computer, number of triggers in my maps or etc ???

I'm looking to reduce lag as much as possible. There is so much at some points that its ridiculous and sometimes its impossible to play.

On my trigger studio i changed the ai mode thing to 0 and tested the map. it actually seems to be more lag ? idk.

any help is appreciated with this. thanks for any input.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

編集済み30 November 2016 - 1:07 pm by [MM]Gallas
so the computer wont attack anything then ?
It will act like when your army left idle, will attack nearby units, but you have to command them by trigger if want moves.
what do you think accounts for most of the lag on custom scenario maps ? global power ups, number of units spawns, number of untis on map, unit commands from computer, number of triggers in my maps or etc ???
Biggest lag generators are condition-less looping triggers with wide area effects. Try make it as specific as can if must have to loop (specific unit type, class etc) and always turn them off if not need to run.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 09collinsjc

編集済み10 December 2016 - 10:31 pm by 09collinsjc
Can anyone take a look at my map?
Why does my map auto crash when i try to start on multiplayer on voobly ?? It works fine on solo player.

Also if anyone uses trigger studio, under the player details what is ver and ss suppose to mean?
Attachments:
COLLINS DEFENSE TD 64.scx (file size: 52.07 KB)
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted10 December 2016 - 11:57 pm
One of your effect have incorrect check value. Even makes my aokTS crashing when try to load.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 09collinsjc

Posted16 December 2016 - 6:20 am
I ended up converting it to aoec patch and then it worked fine after that. maybe something with the user patch went haywire.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 09collinsjc

Posted16 December 2016 - 6:25 am
Do you know what the easiest way it would be to design triggers to detect computer players and automatically booting them?

How can i detect the number of players on the map?

When a player resigns, how can i automatically boot them? without having to use my booter ?

Thanks for the help.

and also, that no AI tip was great for reducing lag on my map.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

編集済み16 December 2016 - 1:54 pm by [MM]Gallas
Do you know what the easiest way it would be to design triggers to detect computer players and automatically booting them?
Put a gaia object on map (exp torch) which can be converted by player, but not by computer and just detect the owning and if not owned = boot.
How can i detect the number of players on the map?
If player color = human, then create a counter object
Count the object to backward:
if 7 object = 7 player = turn off 6-1 detectors, if not counted go to next by a timer: if 6 object = 6 player = turn off 5-1 detectors... etc etc
When a player resigns, how can i automatically boot them? without having to use my booter ?
There is a condition for it: Player defeated
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 09collinsjc

Posted18 December 2016 - 6:04 am
I'm working on changing my map to a 3v3 mode. I duplicated the main base with one on both sides and added a extra hunter to attack the other base. Whichever side survives longer wins.

Its almost done but I'm having bugs again. This time , when i play on multiplayer on voobly, it goes to mutliplayer status screen with the continue game / save exit options and its stuck there even if all players choose to continue. This always happens around the 3 minute mark,

I was able to fix my map eariler by converting it to 1c in the trigger studio last time. But converting to 1c doesnt do anything to fix the multiplayer screen status error.

Do you have any ideas on fixing this or know what kind of triggers i have to avoid to stop the bug? please take a look at my map if possible. thanks a lot.
Attachments:
COLLINS TEAM DEFENSE TD 2.scx (file size: 111.97 KB)
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

編集済み18 December 2016 - 5:21 pm by [MM]Gallas
It should be a connection issue, not map.

Edit: checked your map and there is some kind of loop (displaying instruction?) every minute which freezing the game. Also try resort unit and trigger ids.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 _Walt_

Posted28 December 2017 - 10:39 am
You could add screenshots instead of .scx files.

リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 個のレス
カテゴリを移動:
1 User(s) are このトピックを読んでいる人 (過去30分以内)
0 members, 1 guests

Что интересно прямо сейчас
Word Association (79 пользователи)
1.6 reward campaing (65 пользователи)
CBA PathBlood 1.8.0 (52 пользователи)
AoKTS updates (47 пользователи)
Photos of Voobly Players (25 пользователи)
New CBA Hero now supports HD / D... (23 пользователи)
Setting up port forwarding in ro... (22 пользователи)
Самые активные темы за последнюю неделю: