NPL IPL MS

+james@voobly

グループ Community Manager
加入日時 29 November 2011
Posted10 September 2017 - 7:38 pm
@hunter

You have the ability to keep people from the rooms you're hosting if you think they're too good or too bad.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 I_Am_HunTerr

グループ Standard Membership
加入日時 16 May 2017
Posted10 September 2017 - 11:24 pm
+james@voobly wrote:
@hunter

You have the ability to keep people from the rooms you're hosting if you think they're too good or too bad.

That ability is not being put to use lately .. Even if you point out Unbalancing players in a room hosts dont care much and start anyway ... and complain after losing ...
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [KoArg]sirangelot

グループ Standard Membership
加入日時 23 April 2017
Posted11 September 2017 - 12:43 am
hola mi problema es que ya no estoy en npl ya supere los 1400 pero lo hice jugando con jugadores peores que yo y ahora que estoy en MS no le gano a nadie y voy empeorando y al no tener un buen rating los jugadores empesaron a sacarme de la sala y no dejarme jugar.. esto me hizo dejar voobly y irme a ****** pero no es lo mismo yo quiero jugar aqui y queiro volver a npl por favor....!! pueden ver mi rating para ver lo malo q soy jugando...
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 I_Am_HunTerr

グループ Standard Membership
加入日時 16 May 2017
Posted11 September 2017 - 2:08 am
hermano es por eso que les estoy pidiendo que mueven a los jugadores de Ms a IPL antes de ir a ms. por lo que el nivel de habilidad es igualado .. no enviar a los jugadores directamente a MS. que se golpeó y dejar la mayoría de ellos.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [dv8]NXTLVL

グループ Silver Membership
加入日時 21 August 2012
編集済み11 September 2017 - 7:01 am by [dv8]NXTLVL
+james@voobly wrote:
There is a preconceived notion that MS is the lobby where the "good" players play. If you scroll through the player list, you'll quickly find out that for every good player, there is a bad player. That's simply how an elo system works. Before the NPL existed, every one played in MS.

The NPL was created so that new players are able to actually play and learn without being kicked for being a "0 gamer". This is simply it. The lobby wasn't created so that bad players can improve there. It was made to facilitate new players.

Once we decide that you aren't what we deem "a new player(very generous caps)", then you will be forced to play in a different lobby; IPL, MS or CS.
Then either delete NPL and IPL and return to the old system which obviously worked fine. It would also bring some of the players playing in NPL back to CS which has lost many players since NPL was introduced. Or let the bad and new players actually play in NPL without banning them. You cannot introduce a new lobby designed for lesser skilled players and then make them force to play in the lobby where the majority of the competitive players are even though they think they still need practice. Once again, games played or the registration date has nothing to do with the skill level of a player.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 I_Am_HunTerr

グループ Standard Membership
加入日時 16 May 2017
Posted11 September 2017 - 12:22 pm
Then either delete NPL and IPL and return to the old system which obviously worked fine. It would also bring some of the players playing in NPL back to CS which has lost many players since NPL was introduced. Or let the bad and new players actually play in NPL without banning them. You cannot introduce a new lobby designed for lesser skilled players and then make them force to play in the lobby where the majority of the competitive players are even though they think they still need practice. Once again, games played or the registration date has nothing to do with the skill level of a player.

READ THIS JAMES! ^^^^^^
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 +Jineapple

グループ System Operator
加入日時 5 September 2015
編集済み11 September 2017 - 2:29 pm by +Jineapple
The old system did not "obviously work fine". It was difficult for new players starting out, with no protection from smurfs. The NPL exists for a very good reason.

As for the transition from NPL to MS, these are the criteria:

reached the ladder cap of 1400
multiple 13xx accounts in NPL to avoid reaching 1400 rating in NPL
resigning won games to keep your rating low (for us it's PT)
PT in general (ironically with the goal to keep the rating low, which often results, that we then ban the 1400 account as well)
active player on a MS ladder
active player on an old MS ladder (2007 - 2012 ladders)
ban evasion by sharing accounts with other players on Voobly (results into a ban for both players)

All of these show that you're ready to move out of the NPL, either because your rating is high enough, you are actively avoiding it getting high enough, or you're already playing in a different lobby. Yes, the transition can still be tough, but you're not a new player and you should've learned by now that losing to stronger players is a part of the game as well.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 +james@voobly

グループ Community Manager
加入日時 29 November 2011
Posted11 September 2017 - 3:26 pm

You're missing the premise of my post. The lobby wasn't designed for lesser skilled players. It was designed for New Players hence the name of the lobby.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 I_Am_HunTerr

グループ Standard Membership
加入日時 16 May 2017
Posted11 September 2017 - 8:06 pm
+Jineapple wrote:
The old system did not "obviously work fine". It was difficult for new players starting out, with no protection from smurfs. The NPL exists for a very good reason.

As for the transition from NPL to MS, these are the criteria:

reached the ladder cap of 1400
multiple 13xx accounts in NPL to avoid reaching 1400 rating in NPL
resigning won games to keep your rating low (for us it's PT)
PT in general (ironically with the goal to keep the rating low, which often results, that we then ban the 1400 account as well)
active player on a MS ladder
active player on an old MS ladder (2007 - 2012 ladders)
ban evasion by sharing accounts with other players on Voobly (results into a ban for both players)

All of these show that you're ready to move out of the NPL, either because your rating is high enough, you are actively avoiding it getting high enough, or you're already playing in a different lobby. Yes, the transition can still be tough, but you're not a new player and you should've learned by now that losing to stronger players is a part of the game as well.

And how many Players do this ? i know i did not resign to stay in NPL .. i made multis but i had low score on multis so making new accounts actually made me come closer to 1400 rating cap .. MS players ..i wont comment on them .. if they are actually Right skilled player for MS they should stay in MS .. Please Brief on NPL to MS logic ... Why not NPL to IPL.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [dv8]NXTLVL

グループ Silver Membership
加入日時 21 August 2012
Posted12 September 2017 - 1:52 am
+james@voobly wrote:
You're missing the premise of my post. The lobby wasn't designed for lesser skilled players. It was designed for New Players hence the name of the lobby.
I dont care what the lobby was designed for because its not being used for its original intention and therefore thats no argument.

Fact is that the lobby is not only used by new players but also bad players who just arent very good and rather play in an environment that fits their level and also by casual players who dont want to become good. But youre forcing both of them to move to the lobbies for competitive players by banning them. I could name you a couple of CS players who play a lot on NPL because its more casual. Since Im not a RM player I couldnt name examples there but Im sure there are also a few.

Here is an example. Ive played a couple of RM games in the MS lobby, not very succesful but anyway. So Ive been active in the RM-TG ladder. By the logic of the guy who posted above you I am not allowed to play in NPL anymore. Why? Because I have played on a MS ladder even if its with a 1-6 record? Thats bull****.

Another example. Imagine I would be a good RM player and you would ban me from NPL. What would I do if I wanted to play, lets say, Sheep vs Wolf. It is just a mod with many RM features but it feels a lot like a custom scenario, maybe also because there is a room in the CS lobby every now and then. But I heard many people play it in NPL. I would be super pissed if you didnt let me play SvW in the NPL just because Im good at RM.

IPL is taking the bull**** to the extreme though. Why dont you just make 20 more lobbies. For every 100 points you gain, you get banned and have to move to the next lobby. I hope you understand that this is just an exaggeration but I also hope you know what my point is. What do you need 3 lobbies for in the first place? So people can noob bash and smurf in 3 different lobbies?
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 +chris@voobly

グループ Server Administrator
加入日時 3 October 2007
編集済み12 September 2017 - 10:06 am by +chris@voobly
I dont care what the lobby was designed for because its not being used for its original intention and therefore thats no argument.
NPL is a lobby to get familiar with Voobly and the ELO system, and whether you like it or not, 95% of all matches played in the NPL are RM games, which was the reason, why we continued developing it for RM players.
Fact is that the lobby is not only used by new players but also bad players who just arent very good and rather play in an environment that fits their level and also by casual players who dont want to become good. But youre forcing both of them to move to the lobbies for competitive players by banning them. I could name you a couple of CS players who play a lot on NPL because its more casual. Since Im not a RM player I couldnt name examples there but Im sure there are also a few.
You cannot even play a single rated CS game in the NPL, even maps like CBA won't rate in NPL. You can play these maps unrated in CS lobby if you want.
Here is an example. Ive played a couple of RM games in the MS lobby, not very succesful but anyway. So Ive been active in the RM-TG ladder. By the logic of the guy who posted above you I am not allowed to play in NPL anymore. Why? Because I have played on a MS ladder even if its with a 1-6 record? Thats bull****.
What you are saying is wrong. We consider players with more than 200 games being active players on a MS ladder, but you won't get blocked from NPL for playing a few games in MS. Seriously.
Another example. Imagine I would be a good RM player and you would ban me from NPL. What would I do if I wanted to play, lets say, Sheep vs Wolf.
CS Lobby.
It is just a mod with many RM features but it feels a lot like a custom scenario, maybe also because there is a room in the CS lobby every now and then. But I heard many people play it in NPL. I would be super pissed if you didnt let me play SvW in the NPL just because Im good at RM.
The CS ladders we had in NPL for about 2 years have never been played by anyone. We removed CBA from the list of rated maps, after we had the same problems in NPL, we still have in CS, not to mention all those "friendly" CS players that came over to NPL which caused hundreds of complaints every week, to reset CBA matches. The currently most played CS map in NPL is still CBA Hero though, but players of NPL play it with Triple Tech Mod only (a mod that unrates every game). As for Sheep VS Wolf or Jurrasic Park, those maps should be played in the CS lobby where they belong.
IPL is taking the bull**** to the extreme though. Why dont you just make 20 more lobbies. For every 100 points you gain, you get banned and have to move to the next lobby. I hope you understand that this is just an exaggeration but I also hope you know what my point is. What do you need 3 lobbies for in the first place? So people can noob bash and smurf in 3 different lobbies?
Then what do you suggest? Those 20 people playing in IPL seem to be happy with the lobby, everyone else is playing in MS.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 I_Am_HunTerr

グループ Standard Membership
加入日時 16 May 2017
Posted12 September 2017 - 11:44 am
First of all chris why are the posts decreasing in this Thread ? there were 49 Now there are 41 .. ? Is A Mod deleting these posts ? and why ?
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 +chris@voobly

グループ Server Administrator
加入日時 3 October 2007
Posted12 September 2017 - 12:07 pm
First of all chris why are the posts decreasing in this Thread ? there were 49 Now there are 41 .. ? Is A Mod deleting these posts ? and why ?

Spam posts / flame posts / troll posts on page 2 have been removed.

http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/69/Code-of-Conduct
Quote:

Accept Responsibility

• Voobly reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user-created content from Voobly.com.
リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 [LyF]JimmY

グループ Standard Membership
加入日時 16 September 2014
Posted12 September 2017 - 12:24 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
Spam posts / flame posts / troll posts on page 2 have been removed.

http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/69/Code-of-Conduct
Come back taff all is forgiven

リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

グループ Standard Membership
加入日時 8 August 2010
Posted12 September 2017 - 1:16 pm
[LyF]JimmY wrote:
Come back taff all is forgiven

Come back codex, all is forgiven.

リンク | 受信箱 | Quote
12[3]45